Two-thirds of the human body comprises of water, and it needs to replenished by approximately 2 liters of water a day to remain hydrated and ultimately healthy. It is important to get clean drinking water from a reliable source since our delicate systems heavily depend on it for optimum functioning. Due to regional inconsistencies in the quality of water, drinking tap water can be unsafe, and this is where having the best water filter pitcher comes in.
Water filter pitchers are products used to making drinking water clean. Usually, the pitchers are equipped with water filters that eliminate chlorine as well as other contaminants from drinking water. The unit is made up of 2 water reservoirs, one is a small size and the second one is a big size. When water is poured into the water reservoir of the smaller size, it gradually flows through the water filter and exits into the larger reservoir after it has been cleaned of all contaminants. Water filter pitchers have different filtering speed, different filtering capabilities as well as other specifications depending on the model.
Water filter pitchers have several advantages:
- Provide consumers with a good level of filtration
- Considered to be the most affordable option in regard to the available water filtration systems
- Highly portable thus can be used in boating, camping and travelling
- Convenient since they do not need installation
- Keeps water cold in a refrigerator and ready for drinking
- Water filter pitchers are the products to go for consuming fresh tasting water that lacks any issues
Best Water Filter Pitcher Comparison
|** RECOMMENDED ** Brita 10 Cup Everyday Water Pitcher
|9.1 / 10
|Check Price and Reviews
|MAVEA 1005727 Elemaris XL 9-Cup Water Filtration Pitcher
|8.4 / 10
|Check Price and Reviews
|BWT Premium Water Filter Pitcher
|9.0 / 10
|Check Price and Reviews
|KAZ INC. PUR 2-stage Dispenser
|8.7 / 10
|Check Price and Reviews
|ZeroWater 10 Cup Pitcher
|7.9 / 10
|Check Price and Reviews
|Aquagear Water Filter Pitcher
|8.2 / 10
|Check Price and Reviews
1. ** RECOMMENDED ** Brita 10 Cup Everyday Water Pitcher
- Color – It is available in an aesthetically appealing white color that would easily blend with the décor of any kitchen.
- Size – It is large in size as it can comfortably accommodate up to 10 cups thus ideal for a consumer who has a large family.
- Filter – This product has a single filter that is quite easy to use. For optimum results, this filter water filter should be changed after every two months or every forty gallons.
- Size – It is designed in a compact size that is both portable and easy to store i.e. 11.9 x 7.4 x 16.8 inches.
- Weight – The Brita 10 Cup Everyday Water Pitcher is only 2.3 pounds heavy. This makes it easy to carry from one point to another when the need arises.
- Indicator – It has a reliable sticker filter indicator that notifies the user when the filter needs to be changed for continuous optimum performance.
- Safety – It is made using BPA free material, this makes it safe for use especially by children who have a higher risk of suffering from BPA exposure.
- Robust – It utilizes an advanced filter technology that reduces the taste and odor of chlorine. In addition, it is certified to effectively decrease the quantities of mercury, cadmium and copper impurities. Such impurities are known to have adverse health effects on exposure for an extensive period.
- Lid – It is fitted with an easy to use flip top lid that simplifies refilling.
2. MAVEA 1005727 Elemaris XL 9-Cup Water Filtration Pitcher
The Mavea brand has once again outdone themselves by releasing this superb product into the market. This product has many unique features that may pique the interest of consumers; the notable ones are as follows:
- Color – It is available in both eggplant and tangerine colors. These are beautiful colors that interested users can choose from.
- Filtration – A water filter pitcher is only as good as its filtration and the manufacturers of this product know that. This is why it is equipped with an advanced MAVEA Maxtra filtration system that is robust.
- BPA – Bisphenol A is harmful substance that imparts negatively on health and that is why this amazing water filter pitcher is made using materials that are completely BPA free.
- Certification – It is certified to the NSF ANSI Standards 42 and 53 by WQA. This guarantees that it greatly decreases both chlorine odor and taste as well as other unwanted elements in water.
- Lid – This product is designed with a unique pour through lid that simplifies the process of filling the pitcher with water. The user is only required to turn on a tap of water and consequently hold the water filter pitcher under it. The lid will be opened by the flowing water and it will automatically shut itself once the reservoir is full to capacity.
- Measurement – Water hardness, length of time the filter is in use and water volume can be measured on this product with the help of the MAVEA Smart Meter. This allows it to provide a time estimate on the filter replacement. Ergonomics – It is designed with a rubberized handle and feet that provide that much needed functional and elegant touch.
- Pre-soaking – The product uses advanced filtration technology that does not require it to be pre-soaked prior to first use. Its filter media is treated using silver to prevent bacteria growth and has a micro-screen inside the filter to decrease the release of black particles into the pitcher.
- Weight – It is very portable if need be due to its light weight of 2.4 pounds. This makes it possible for the user to transport the water filter pitcher to any desired destination.
- Size – This product has a fairly compact size that is easy to store, its dimensions are 10.5 x 5 x 10 inches.
- Capacity – It has a large capacity of 9 glasses that is suitable for large households.
- Design – This water filter pitcher has a convenient design that delivers consistent filtration and flow over the entire life span of the product.
3. BWT Water Filter Pitcher
This is a top-notch product from the reputable BWT brand. BTW have a good reputation when it comes to water filtration products and this filter pitcher is no exception. There are several interesting features that it offers consumers such as the following:
- Filtration – This water filter pitcher has one of the most effective filtration technologies that is recognized across the globe i.e. BWT Magnesium technology. This technology decreases scale, heavy metals and chlorine in drinking water. Furthermore, it readily mineralizes the drinking water with Magnesium that is valuable to human health and well-being. Magnesium lacks in a majority of diets and this product will relieve that problem. The ultimate filtration product of the BWT Water Filter Pitcher is water that is fresh, balanced and has a natural taste.
- Size – It has a compact size that simplifies storage and saves on space. This is because of its dimensions of 10.4 x 11.3 x 4.5 inches.
- Weight – This water filter pitcher weighs only 2.1 pounds, a light weight that significantly promotes its portability.
- Color – It is manufactured in an aesthetically appealing white color that is neutral. This would satisfy the personal preferences of most clients.
- Pre-soaking – The product utilizes an advanced filtration technology that eliminates the need of pre-soaking to activate the filter. It removes all black bits in water.
- Durability – It contains silver that not only provides high antimicrobial protection but also prolongs the service life of the filter. This directly translates to minimal repairs and replacements that have undesired financial implications in such tough economic times.
- Robust – It is designed to deliver nothing short of a stable performance throughout the life of the product. This ensures that no filter ingredients are packed down at the bottom to ultimately decrease the efficacy of the filtration process.
4. KAZ INC. PUR 2-stage Dispenser – DS-1800Z
It is not by luck that the PUR brand has been able to remain at the top of the water filtration market for a long time. It has been a deliberate effort from their exemplary products such as the KAZ INC. PUR 2-stage Dispenser. This product is equipped with the following salient features:
- Filter – It has a truly unique carbon water filter that is of premium quality. This provides the consumer with drinking water that is great-tasting and healthy. This eliminates 99.9% of microbial cysts and decreases 98% of chlorine, mercury and lead.
- Certification – It is NSF and WaterSense certified, this means that consumers can be sure that all the manufacturer’s claim are genuine as it has been thoroughly tested by the relevant authorities.
- Spout – The spout that is incorporated into this product is the easy to pour type. It is completely hassle free.
- Size – This product is not large in size, it measures 15.9 x 10.2 x 5.5 inches. This helps in saving space and also facilitates easy storage of the product.
- Weight – It weighs 4.7 pounds, this is a light weight that enables easy movement from one point to another if the need arises.
- Capacity – It has a large capacity of 18 8-oz cups, this makes ideal for household with high consumptions.
- Efficient – It eliminates trace levels of pharmaceuticals by approximately 96%. In fact, it is the only water filter pitcher that can achieve such high efficiency.
- Convenience – This product can conveniently fit in sinks for the purpose of refilling. Usually, a special fill-tray design is used. The ray aids in weight distribution and is fitted with handles that allow for easy filling and carrying.
5. ZeroWater 10 Cup Pitcher – ZP-010
This is a product of the giant ZeroWater brand. This is a refined product that only delivers quality drinking water for a healthier lifestyle, it has the following fascinating features that might pique the interest of the user:
- Certifications – It is the only water filter pitcher product that is NSF certified to decrease both chromium and lead from drinking water.
- Filtration – It has a very robust filtration system that eliminates an astounding s 99.6% of all dissolved solids in water. It uses a 5-stage filtration process of an ion exchange system that is innovative and effective. The end result is fresh tasting and clean water.
- Safety – This product is designed using materials that have been carefully tested and determined not to contain any traces of the harmful BPA. This means that it is perfectly safe for use. It will not cause any adverse health effects from harmful chemicals leaching into water.
- Spout – It is equipped with a one-handed spout that is simply pushed to dispense water into a cup or bottle. The ease of use makes it very desirable.
- Meter – It is incorporated with a Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) meter that accurately provides digital readings that alert users when the filter requires to be changed for continuous optimum performance. This meter is battery powered.
- Capacity – It has a huge capacity i.e. 10 cups. It makes it very suitable for use by large families or households who have a high daily water consumption.
- Manual – It provides users with an easy to follow manual that assists them to use the product optimally. The manual also eliminates any need for technical assistance.
- Weight – This water filter pitcher is extremely light in weight at only 1 pound. Portability is therefore not a challenge with this product.
- Size – It has dimensions of 12.2 x 6 x 11.6 inches. A size that readily saves on valuable space and makes it easy to store.
6. Aquagear Water Filter Pitcher
- Certifications – It meets all SF Standards 42 and 53 that are concerned with contaminant reduction. This means that consumers should trust the quality of the product as it has undergone rigorous testing. It has been tested for the removal of Fluoride (90.06%), Chlorine (99.9%), Chloramine (99.9%), Chromium 6 (99.4%), Lead (99.9%), Mercury (97.8%), Arsenic (99.8%), Copper (99.7%) and over 50 VOCs.
- Efficacy – It eliminates many water contaminants such as chlorine, mercury, chloramines, chromium 6, lead and fluoride. This ensures optimum protection for the consumers and their families.
- Filtration – This product is equipped with a 5-stage filter that has 2-micron pores, this is inclusive of a lead/fluoride filter. The filter is able to achieve this while maintaining trace minerals in water that are considered to be healthy such as magnesium and calcium. It uses very high-quality triple capacity filters with each producing 150 gallons of water.
- Safety – It lacks BPA making it very safe for human use. BPA is a harmful substance that has adverse effects on the human body on prolonged exposure especially for children.
- Weight – Consumers do not need to worry about portability when it comes to this product because it only weighs 2.2 pounds. This makes it possible to carry with minimal effort whenever it is needed.
- Size – It has a compact size of 11.1 x 11 x 5.9 inches. This makes easy to store and is also favorable as it saves on space that is highly valued.
There are so many water filter pitchers in the market today that are manufactured by different brands. This makes the selection of the best water filter pitcher a daunting task. There are several considerations that consumers need to take into account when buying a water filter. The notable ones are as follows:
It is important for any interested buyer to know exactly what they would like a water filter pitcher to remove. This can be achieved by conducting tests on your water to determine contaminants that are present in it. The aim should be to get a water filter pitcher that can reduce chlorine as well as chlorine odor that is present in water, pharmaceutical traces, agricultural pollutants, microbiological cysts, heavy metals and other pollutants that might be present in water. Knowledge of the contaminants in your water acts as a reference point to help you determine the filter capabilities to search for. To treat hard water for your entire water supply you should look at a water softener system.
Every consumer has unique needs, and that is why the selection of a suitable design is a matter of personal preference. The factors that contribute to the design include size, capacity and most importantly is appearance. The design should also be free of Bisphenol A (popularly known as BPA). When a human being is exposed to Bisphenol A, it retained in the body for an undisclosed period. It is dangerous because it uses the liquids that the host consumes. Children are considered to be the most vulnerable to the negative effects of BPA. This is why you should ensure that the water filter pitcher design that you purchase is not manufactured using plastic that contains the toxic chemical Bisphenol A.
It goes without saying that everybody wants a water filter pitcher product that is easy to use. Therefore, an ergonomic design should be the focus. An ergonomic design here refers to a product that is fitted with a comfortable grip handle. That makes it easy to pour water that has undergone treatment into plant pots, dog bowls, pans, cups, and glasses. The ideal material should be rubber that allows holding of the water filter pitcher with minimum effort even for prolonged periods of time.
It is advisable to arrive at a budget that you are comfortable with before deciding to buy a water filter pitcher. However, it should be noted that the current trend in the market is that higher priced models are matched with useful features.
Different countries have different certification bodies that test and consequently certify water filter pitchers and water treatment systems. It is advisable to buy a water filter pitcher product that has a relevant certification seal on it. This is because it functions as a guarantee that the claim of reduction of water contaminants like microbial cysts and chemicals is genuine and accurate. This ensures that you are not misled in any way during the critical buying process.
These certification bodies conduct test procedures that analyze treated water to determine if the filtration devices incorporated into a water filter pitcher product adds any harmful chemicals while eliminating others. Make sure that any information that you read concerning such certification is updated because water filter pitchers are retested once every 12 months. The structural and technical soundness of the technology of a water filter pitcher are also other factors that are keenly looked at by the relevant certification bodies.
It is good to purchase a water filter pitcher that eliminated water hardness by the removal of magnesium and calcium. This is beneficial as it significantly improves the taste of the drinking water produced. Get a water filter pitcher product that provides you with real time statistics of water hardness; it simplifies the process of determining that the system is performing at optimum.
This is yet another factor that needs to be considered. It is good to remember that most water filter pitchers are not just taken out of the box and used immediately. There is usually some preparation involved.
The filter to be used with the device might require being soaked under water for a short duration of time before it is securely slotted into the pitcher. Finally, it should be allowed to filtrate 3 pitchers of water before its first use. This is mainly done because there are some filters that produce small black flecks as well as bits of carbon upon first use as residue.
However, there are some filters in the market today that have been manufactured with advanced technology filters that remove the small carbon particles. These do not require to be pre-soaked before first use. These kinds of filters are better. They greatly reduce the chances of the filter being exposed to harmful bacteria and germs.
The above list is not exhaustive. There are many other factors that need serious consideration before a good and effective water filter pitcher can be selected.
Purchasing a water filter pitcher, especially among the top brands outlined above, can save both money and the environment. This is because it will significantly help you to decrease your expenditure on bottled water.
It may also improve your health. Some of the bottled water appears safe and clean but in reality, possess toxins the human body does not need.
In addition, water filter pitchers are viable alternatives to mounts for faucets, dispensers and portable filtration bottles. Invest in the best water filter pitcher today and start enjoying its array of financial and health benefits.[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]